Welcome to the Department of Emergency Medicine and the medical student rotation at the Kaiser San Diego Medical Center! The faculty at the Kaiser San Diego Medical Center is dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience for medical students.
Under the direct supervision of Board Certified Emergency Medicine faculty, you will rotate in the largest and busiest Emergency Department in San Diego County. You will function as an integral member of the treatment team.
You will also have the opportunity to rotate through our state of the art simulation center. At the San Diego Simulation Center, students will practice ACLS and PALS protocols and fine-tune their skills in airway and vascular management.
Course Goals & Objectives
- Develop skills to multi-task and prioritize patient care.
- Learn to diagnose and manage urgent and emergent conditions.
- Improve ability to assess undifferentiated patients.
- Obtain problem-focused history and physical examination,
- Present history and physical in a concise & orderly manner.
- Develop an appropritae differential diagnosis.
- Interpret results of common diagnostics and tests.
- Develop an evaluation and management plan.
- Perform basic procedural skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with patients and staff.
Donald Mebust, MD
Dept. of EM
4647 Zion Ave
San Diego CA 92120
Residency Program Administrator
Dept. of EM